PTK‎ > ‎

PTK Meetings

PTK meeting schedule for 2016-2017 school year:
  • Wednesday, August 31
  • Wednesday, September 28
  • Wednesday, October 26
  • Wednesday, November 30
  • Wednesday, January 25
  • Wednesday, February 22
  • Wednesday, March 29
  • Wednesday, April 26

PTK meetings are at 8:00 am in the Teacher's Lounge. 

PTK News is shared via e-mail, on our website, on the PTK Bulletin Board across from the main office and in our PTK Newsletters which are distributed periodically in the Thursday envelope.
 

February 22 PTK Meeting Minutes

posted by Jessie Lawrence


January 25 PTK Meeting Minutes

posted Jan 30, 2017, 1:56 PM by Jessie Lawrence

See attached minutes.

November 30 PTK Meeting Minutes

posted Jan 30, 2017, 1:56 PM by Jessie Lawrence

See attached minutes.

October 28, 2016 PTK Meeting Minutes

posted Nov 6, 2016, 1:21 PM by Jessie Lawrence   [ updated Nov 6, 2016, 1:22 PM ]

See attached minutes.

September 28, 2016 PTK Meeting Minutes

posted Oct 12, 2016, 4:23 PM by Jessie Lawrence

Attending: Teresa, Kathy, Sara, Julie, Kristen, Brintha, Cindy, Jessie, Michaelann, Sara


1) Introductions
2) PTK Budget Review: Michaelann Cavazos
  • This item was deferred until the next meeting. 
3) Principal’s address: Kim Pietrocci
  • There will be a meeting about the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) some time in October. 
  • Teachers have not expressed much interest in a tutoring program funded by the PTK. Kim said that she would ask again. 
4) Funding Requests: Cindy Forno
  • Julie Walker made a motion for the PTK to purchase a new microwave for the cafeteria at a cost of $50. Michaelann Cavazos seconded. The motion passed by voice vote. 
  • Funding requests submitted included: 
    • Age-appropriate tables for Ms. Geyer’s kindergarten classroom, $1083.21 
    • Hot roll laminator, $1700 
    • Seasonal die-cuts, $80 per set 
  • Jessie Lawrence made a motion to table consideration of these funding requests until next month to allow time to get more information. Cindy Forno seconded. The motion passed by voice vote.
5) Teacher Stipends: Increase from $250 to $300 per semester 
  • Michaelann Cavazos noted that teachers need to submit receipts from last year to receive this year’s stipend. 
6) Budget Surplus Ideas: Cindy Forno 
  • Ideas discussed included: 
    • Speed bumps for front lot 
    • Green initiatives (e.g. solar panels, rain catchment system, etc.) 
    • Turf for playground 
    • $1000 for an elementary school in Santa Fe that’s struggling both financially and academically 
    • Tutoring 
    • Barney Saltzberg (children’s author and singer): $1800 plus airfare for three assemblies or two assemblies plus one workshop 
    • More trash cans on playground 
    •  Increased stipend for Bernadette 
    • Improvements to outdoor classroom 
7) Blue Bunny Ice Cream Party 
  • Julie Walker will take the lead on organizing the ice cream party, tentatively scheduled after school on November 11 
8) Carnival Updates 
  • Santa Fe High JROTC has offered to provide 20 cadets as volunteers 
  • Santa Fe High Key Club has offered to provide volunteers 
  • Sponsorships are currently at $3400 
  • Steve Carillo will be a costume contest judge 
  • Orbit will be a costume contest judge 
  • Cash raffle ticket sales will begin September 30 
  • Carnival entry ticket sales will begin the first week of October 
  • Construction day will be Sunday, October 23, from 10 AM – 2 PM 
9) Grade Level Programs
  • Kinder: Yoga (30 sessions per class at $30/session = $1800) 
  • 1st: Jazz Dance with Jennifer Stennis Chapman (28 sessions per class at $30/session = $1680) 
  • 2nd: Theater with Wendy Chapin (20 1-hour sessions per class = $2400) 
  • 3rd: Adobe Building with Joe Abeyta ($2000 for 25-30 weeks) 
  • 4th: NDI 
  • 5th: Wise Fool New Mexico (9 sessions at $350/session = $3150) 
  • 6th: Cooking with Kids
Next meetings:
  • Carnival meeting October 5 8 AM 
  • Carnival meeting October 19 8 AM 
  • PTK/Carnival meeting October 26 8 AM

August 31, 2016 PTK Meeting Minutes

posted Sep 1, 2016, 8:55 AM by Jessie Lawrence

Attending: Michaelann C., Sarah L., Kristen I., Sara M., Kathy P., Kari K., Sara A., Bev K., Barbara S., Julie W., Julie M., Kate T., Dan G., Cindy F., Jessie L.

1) Introductions
President Cindy Forno cindyf@carlosgilbertptk.com
Vice-Pres Julie Walker juliew@carlosgilbertptk.com 
Bev Kellam bevkellam@carlosgilbertptk.com 
Treasurer Michaelann Cavazos michaelanncavazos@gmc-inc.com 
Secretary Jessie Lawrence Jessie@carlosgilbertptk.com 
Communications Sara April
Cullen Curtiss
Jessie Lawrence
Fundraising Cindy Forno
Carnival Cindy Forno
Grants Julie Walker
Room Reps Frances Carreon frances@carlosgilbertptk.com
Outdoor Classroom Lara Miller
Jessie Lawrence
Volunteer Coord. Kate Tompkins
Tshirt Sales Jessica Jiron

2) Principal’s address: Kim Pietrocci

3) PTK Budget: Bev Kellam
Bev presented a budget including expenses for grade level programs and made a motion to approve the budget as presented.  Barbara seconded.  Motion passed by voice vote.
Meeting participants discussed possible expenses for the upcoming year.  Ideas discussed included playground turf improvements, technology instruction, language instruction, and etiquette.  Participants discussed polling students and parents for their input.

4) Grade Level Programs
Currently planned grade level programs for 2016-2017 include:
o Kinder: Yoga
o 1st: Spanish Dance
o 2nd: Theater
o 3rd: Adobe Building
o 4th: NDI
o 5th: Wise Fool
o 6th: Cooking with Kids
Bev made a motion to increase the budget for the grade 3 program to $2000.  Michaelann seconded.  The motion passed by voice vote.

5) Tutoring Program
Kim Pietrocci said that she would discuss the tutoring program with teachers at the next staff meeting.

6) Upcoming Events/Fundraisers
Zozobra Parking Fundraiser: Volunteers are still needed and can sign up via the PTK website
Pet Parade:  The theme will be “Reading Rocks!”, and more information will be distributed via eblast and website.  The Pet Parade is September 10 at 9 AM.
SFPS Community Bash:  Julie Walker stated that she could help with a table, but did not think she could arrive for the beginning of the event, so additional help is needed.  The Bash is September 17 from 11 AM – 4 PM at Franklin Miles Park.
A parent donation letter will be sent out in the next Thursday folder.

7) Help Needed
Classroom reps: Contact Frances Carreon
Carnival sponsorships and donations: Contact Cindy Forno and Julie Walker
Tickets Co-Coordinator: Contact Lara Miller
Cash Raffle Co-Coordinator: Contact Bev Kellam and Michaelann Cavazos
Hospitality gurus

Next meetings:
Carnival planning meeting: September 14 at 8 AM
PTK meeting: September 28 at 8 AM

August 16, 2016 PTK Meeting Minutes

posted Sep 1, 2016, 8:54 AM by Jessie Lawrence   [ updated Sep 1, 2016, 8:55 AM ]

Attending: Cindy, Julie, Bev, Sarah, Jessie, Michaelann

1) Welcome
PTK Board 2016-2017:
President: Cindy Forno cindyf@carlosgilbertptk.com
Vice-Pres: Julie Walker juliew@carlosgilbertptk.com 
Bev Kellam bevkellam@carlosgilbertptk.com 
Treasurer: Michaelann Cavazos michaelanncavazos@gmc-inc.com 
Secretary: Jessie Lawrence Jessie@carlosgilbertptk.com 

2) Principal’s address: Kim Pietrocci

3) PTK Budget: Bev Kellam
Bev will provide a budget to be voted on at one of the upcoming PTK meetings.

4) Teacher’s Luncheon
Catered by Olive Garden (Total $411.02)

5) Kinder Coffee: Friday, August 19 7:30-9:00
T-Shirts: Order cost $1220
PTK Volunteer Recruitment, including e-blast and room rep recruitment
Board members discussed recruitment on Back to School Night.
Parents of incoming first-graders are being encouraged to volunteer for Kinder Coffee.

6) Indian Market Parking Fundraiser: Saturday 8/20 8:00-1:30 and Sunday 8/21 9:00-2:00
Volunteers are being recruited now.

7) Grade-Level Programs for 2016-2017:
Current proposed grade-level programs:
o Kindergarten: Yoga: $30 for each 30-minute class ($1500 in 2015-16)
o 1st grade: Teachers have expressed interest in tae kwon do
o 2nd grade: Theater with Wendy Chapin: 40 hours at $60/hour = $2400
o 3rd grade: Bilingual opera? ($1000 in 2015-16)
o 4th grade: NDI ($6400 in 2015-16)
o 5th grade: Wise Fool ($3250 in 2015-16)
o 6th grade: Cooking with Kids?  ($900 + $1050 in 2015-16)
Board members discussed how to use the Helmet of Hope grant on grade-level programs by the December 2016.  Grade-level expenses and teacher stipends should come close to the grant funding.
Board members discussed the need for technology assistance.  Michaelann will contact IT Connections about tech resources.

8) PTK Meeting Schedule for 2016-17:
Meetings will be on the last Wednesday of the month at 8:00 AM in the teacher’s lounge.  There will be no meeting in December.

9) Coming up:
Back to School Night: ??
Zozobra Parking: Friday, 9/2
Pet Parade: Saturday, 9/10 9:00 AM
Next PTK Meeting: Wednesday, August 31, 8:00 AM

May 3, 2016 Meeting Minutes

posted May 11, 2016, 1:14 PM by Jessie Lawrence   [ updated May 11, 2016, 1:15 PM ]

PTK Meeting 5/3/16

In attendance: Cindy F., Barbara S., Frances C., Michaelann C., Julie W., Jessie L., Lara M., Julie M., Sara A., Bobi D., Kim P., Dominic M., 

Student Council Update: Mr. Dominic gave an update on Movie Night that Student Council is holding on May 13th.  He needs a sound technician.  Lara M. will be lending Student Council her screen for the showing.  He is looking for volunteers for the refreshments.  PTK gave him some pointers on type of foods and cost.

Funding Requests: Kim submitted a receipt for postage reimbursement to Maria S. who runs the box top program.  The total was for $36.68 and it was for the money she spent on postage to submit the box tops.  Barbara S. brought up the motion it was 2nd by Julie and it passed by all at the meeting.

Frances brought up coffee for the Coffee Cart that is being sponsored by PTK during Teacher Appreciation Week.  She asked that we cover coffee and pastries up to $50.00.  It was brought forth by Barbara the 2nd was by Michaelann and it was approved by all.

Kristy had a question about field day costs.  PTK had already put the field day costs but she wanted to know about accessing the $100.00 granted.  Michaelann guided her on this.

Teacher Appreciation Potluck- Frances asked for help setting up and taking down. Sara said she would be there and a request for help will go out in the Eblast.

Kim P- had no updates

Blue Bunny Helmet of Hope progress-Cindy has email blasts going out on this and we are in 6th place.  Barbara volunteered to make fliers and pass them out during Car Line in order to educate more people on this opportunity we have to earn $25,000.00

Nominations for PTK Board were as follows:
Cindy F. for president
Julie W. for Vice-President
Jessie L. for Secretary
They were presented to the PTK and were approved.  Welcome aboard to the new board.

Back to School Potluck- The PTK looked ahead and tried to plan items needed at the beginning of the year.  Barbara volunteered to be in charge of the Back to School luncheon for Teachers.  Kim didn’t have a date but PTK voted to order lunch again from Olive Garden.  Barbara brought the motion forward Michaelann 2nd and it was approved that lunch would be paid for by PTK and ordered from Olive Garden.  Barbara will coordinate the order/pickup.

Next year we will move PTK meetings to the 2nd Wednesday of each month.

Parking Fundraisers were discussed for next year.  Julie M. will be in charge of them and will organize the sign ups for these.  

April 12, 2016 Meeting Minutes

posted Apr 20, 2016, 10:55 AM by Jessie Lawrence

In attendance: Julie W., Bev K., Jessie L., Bobi D., Brintha N, Cindy F., Julie M., Frances C., Barbara S., Kim P., Joaquin B.

Joaquin spoke for the Student Council on a possible Movie Night Fundraiser.  They are not sure on the date but possibly looking at May 6th. It will still have the luau theme.

Frances spoke on Teacher Appreciation Week- She is working with room reps to have them coordinate gifts for their teacher on May 6th.  There will be a potluck as well to thank our teachers for a great job done well on May 6th at 12:45 pm.  She will have it put in eblast.  

Funding Requests:
  • Kim requested a bonus for Bernadette that matches the teacher stipends.  This would be a bonus thank you for all the work she has done to help PTK. Barbara motioned a $250 bonus, Frances 2nd it and was approved by all.
  • Bev also mentioned that we could look into maybe upping the teacher stipends to $300 per semester. We will bring it up in the new school year.
  • Bev also brought up that we should collect receipts for the club stipends we give out.  This will happen next year.
  • Kindergarten requested $150 to buy a patio box to hold and safeguard their new sand toys.  Bev made a motion to approve with Cindy 2nding it and it was approved by all.

PTK Board Nominations were made as elections will be held in the May meeting.  Cindy was nominated for PTK president, Julie was nominated for vice-president, Barbara was nominated as co vice-president, Jessie was nominated for secretary.

Bev presented the treasury report for March.  We have a surplus because of grants and donations that were received this year.  Next year the grants would need to switch as none of these grants were reoccurring. 
 
Kim gave the Principal’s Address- PAARC is going well.  There will be a trip to Fort Marcy after the testing is done.  The tests were kicked off with a pep rally and kids do seem excited.

She is working on the year end going away party.  There are 2 retirements and 3 staff members leaving.  She is working on hiring the best staff.

The PTK spoke about moving to a meeting on the 2nd Wednesdays of the month.  No objections were given so we will try a test day next year.

Meeting brought to a close.

March 8, 2016 Meeting Minutes

posted Apr 7, 2016, 1:22 PM by Jessie Lawrence

PTK MEETING 3/8/16

Present: Joaquin, Josette, Lara M, Cindy F., Jessie L., Barbara S., Cindy F., Frances C., Bev K., Heather VL., Sofia VL., Kim P., Julie W

Student Council Update
  • Josette and Joaquin updated us on Student Council.  After the PARCC they would like to have a Hawaiin themed Luau.   They would like to invite everyone, show Lilo & Stitch, they would prepare food and sell it.  They will update us on April 11th with the date and help needed.
  • Sofia VL spoke about her Heart Sponsorship Project.  A total of $1,375 was raised through this program.  She asked companies to help sponsor the PTK and Student Council.  $600 was raised for PTK for grade level programs, and $775 went towards Student Council for their use.  An eblast will go out showing all who sponsored.  
  • Talk ensued about future funding raising and tax deductible issues were raised.  This is an issue we need to keep an eye out for the future.
Funding Requests
  • Vanessa Bryce presented a fundraising request for $200 for both 3rd classes as well as Mr. Pacheco’s class to attend the Audubon program.  Bev motioned, Lara 2nd and it passed will all agreeing.
  • Club stipends have traditionally been given $100 per club to be used as they felt needed.  Michaelann motioned for it to increase to $150, Bev 2nd and it passed will all approving.
Budget Update
  • Teachers stipends have gone out to the teachers who have submitted their receipts.
  • We will end this year with a cushion to take into next year.
Adjournment

1-10 of 34