￼Attendees: Frances Carreon, Co-Vice President Michaelann Cavazos, Co-Treasurer Cindy Forno, Co-Vice President Beverly Kellam, Co-Treasurer
Absentees: Margaret Barela, President Barbara Serna, Secretary
• Welcome Michaelann!
• Back-to-School Teachersʼ Luncheon: Thursday, August 13th @ 12 noon (set-up @11:30 am) in front of Gymnasium
• Theme: Italia!
• Catered by Olive Garden (estimated cost about $250 for pasta entrees, salad, and
dessert): order to be placed by Michaelann Cavazos
• Drinks: Frances Carreon (Italian Sodas) and Michaelann Cavazos (Water bottles)
• Ice and Cups: Cindy Forno
• Tablecloths/Decorations: Bev Kellam
• Banner: Cindy (& Brooke) Forno
• Volunteers: Eblast to be sent out by Amy Tischler requesting volunteers for set-up,
greeting/serving teachers, and clean-up
• Kinder Coffee: Wednesday, August 19th @8:00 am (set-up at 7:30 am) in front of school
• Tshirts: we have 8 small T-shirts left that we can sell. Jessica Jiron will be ordering more for Back-to-School night this coming week
• Coffee & pastries: Frances will ask current 1st-grade parents to help with Kinder coffee (i.e.- bring pastries, help to answer questions of current kindergarten parents). The responsibility of Kinder Coffee will remain with the 1st-grade parents of each year. Signupgenius page to be set up by Frances for this.
• PTK volunteer recruitment: Cindy will develop a form to help expedite the recruitment of parent volunteers for the upcoming school year. This form will include a place for name, contact info, student info, and areas in which they would like to volunteer (room rep, cooking dishes for potlucks, corporate sponsorships, IT, etc)
• To confer with Margaret Barela regarding specifics of food/coffee quantity from previous years
￼• PTK meeting schedule for 2015-2016 school year (all meetings in Teacherʼs
• Tuesday, August 25: First PTK Meeting
• Tuesday, September 15
• Tuesday, October 6 (likely every Tuesday in October for Carnival)
• Tuesday, November 10
• Tuesday, December 1
• Tuesday, January 12
• Tuesday, February 2
• Tuesday, March 1
• Tuesday, April 12
• Tuesday, May 3
• Michaelann will call to have Coca-Cola banner printed up announcing: “PTK
Meeting Tuesday at 8:00 am,” to be hung on front gates the week before the next meeting
• Indian Market Parking Fundraiser: Saturday-Sunday August 22nd-23rd ($5)
• Will try to recruit volunteers at Kinder Coffee
• Eblasts to be sent out for Volunteers during the first week of school with link to
sign-up page. We will need to notify Amy about this.
• Signupgenius page to be set up by Frances
• PTK Budget
• Bev to discuss budget overview with staff at next staff meeting
• Young Astronauts will need to find alternative source of funding this year, but we
can allow for the usual $500 allowance at given to each club/sport activity
• Grade-level Programs
• Kinder: Yoga (Cindy will contact Barbara about pricing for 1/2 hour weekly lessons for Kindergarten and get Kindergarten teachers in contact with her)
• 1st: ? technology? Mrs. Stark and Ms. Davis to discuss and get back to us.
• 2nd: Improv
• 3rd: Trout? Mr. Abeyta?
• 4th: NDI
• 5th: Wise Fool
• 6th: Cooking with Kids (the program paid for 1/3 of expenses last year!)
• Donations: we will try to pursue the area of donations more directly this year,
aiming for an average family donation of $50 for the year. This would amount to
about $15,000 raised in donations
• 2nd/Spring fundraiser idea: Fun Run
• Grocery/Retail donations: To recruit a volunteer at next PTK meeting to look into
various grocery/retail donation programs (Ex- Whole Foods, Albertsons, Target, Amazon.com) to help streamline donations.