posted Sep 22, 2015, 10:45 AM by Jessie Lawrence
updated Sep 22, 2015, 10:46 AM
Call to order: 8:05 am and introductions were done
Attendees: Cindy F., Barbara S., Jessie L., Julie W., Frances C., Lara M., Michaelann C., Amy T., Julie M., Roberto A., Katie M., Beverly K., Ajoy C., Caroline Y., Brintha
- Beverly spoke about the budget. Detailing how much money we currently have, how much we hope to raise this year $45,000. We also approved a budget spending plan for this upcoming year. We removed the money for tutoring and plan to keep that as a separate vote. Please see attached budget. Beverly moved to pass the budget, Julie seconded and it passed with all in favor.
- Frances explained that we are looking for room reps in the classrooms and let people know they could sign up through her. Room reps are a communication tool for the school. This person helps sends information for carnival and other projects to all the parents in the classroom. They help coordinate theme baskets, teacher thank you and anything else the teacher might need help with.
- Outdoor Classroom- Lara gave an update on the Outdoor Classroom. She will be having a harvest day, a composting activity as well as seed activities coming up in this year. She will put a request in thru the eblast for help with these. She is also looking for someone to help her continue this project.
- Principal’s Address: Kim thanked us all for volunteering and being part of the PTK. She is fully staffed and is up and running.
- Parking Fundraiser’s- Julie gave us an update on Indian Market Parking. She ran this fundraiser and was able to make $1,310.00. She recommended that we up our prices from $5.00 to $10.00. All were in favor of this. Zozobra parking will be priced at $10.00 and Barbara will be in charge of this. Julie will handle Pet Parade parking.
- Back to School Night- Back to School Night is September 2nd. PTK will be selling pizzas for dinner, as well as t-shirts for $10.00. Barbara will be in charge of getting the pizzas and making the volunteer sign up sheets.
- Pet Parade-This year’s theme will be Reduce! Reuse! Recycle! Cindy will handle registering for the pet parade hopefully thru the online link so no one has to go super early. We hope the kids will wear costumes made of recycled materials.