Attending: Michaelann C., Sarah L., Kristen I., Sara M., Kathy P., Kari K., Sara A., Bev K., Barbara S., Julie W., Julie M., Kate T., Dan G., Cindy F., Jessie L.
President Cindy Forno firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice-Pres Julie Walker email@example.com
Bev Kellam firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer Michaelann Cavazos email@example.com
Secretary Jessie Lawrence Jessie@carlosgilbertptk.com
Communications Sara April
Fundraising Cindy Forno
Carnival Cindy Forno
Grants Julie Walker
Room Reps Frances Carreon firstname.lastname@example.org
Outdoor Classroom Lara Miller
Volunteer Coord. Kate Tompkins
Tshirt Sales Jessica Jiron
2) Principal’s address: Kim Pietrocci
3) PTK Budget: Bev Kellam
• Bev presented a budget including expenses for grade level programs and made a motion to approve the budget as presented. Barbara seconded. Motion passed by voice vote.
• Meeting participants discussed possible expenses for the upcoming year. Ideas discussed included playground turf improvements, technology instruction, language instruction, and etiquette. Participants discussed polling students and parents for their input.
4) Grade Level Programs
• Currently planned grade level programs for 2016-2017 include:
o Kinder: Yoga
o 1st: Spanish Dance
o 2nd: Theater
o 3rd: Adobe Building
o 4th: NDI
o 5th: Wise Fool
o 6th: Cooking with Kids
• Bev made a motion to increase the budget for the grade 3 program to $2000. Michaelann seconded. The motion passed by voice vote.
5) Tutoring Program
• Kim Pietrocci said that she would discuss the tutoring program with teachers at the next staff meeting.
6) Upcoming Events/Fundraisers
• Zozobra Parking Fundraiser: Volunteers are still needed and can sign up via the PTK website
• Pet Parade: The theme will be “Reading Rocks!”, and more information will be distributed via eblast and website. The Pet Parade is September 10 at 9 AM.
• SFPS Community Bash: Julie Walker stated that she could help with a table, but did not think she could arrive for the beginning of the event, so additional help is needed. The Bash is September 17 from 11 AM – 4 PM at Franklin Miles Park.
• A parent donation letter will be sent out in the next Thursday folder.
7) Help Needed
• Classroom reps: Contact Frances Carreon
• Carnival sponsorships and donations: Contact Cindy Forno and Julie Walker
• Tickets Co-Coordinator: Contact Lara Miller
• Cash Raffle Co-Coordinator: Contact Bev Kellam and Michaelann Cavazos
• Hospitality gurus
• Carnival planning meeting: September 14 at 8 AM
• PTK meeting: September 28 at 8 AM