posted Mar 8, 2013, 1:59 PM by Darcy Pedersen
Present: Bev Kellam, Shannon Bulman, Amy Tischler,
Marisa Snyder, Lara Miller, Julie Murray.
- Principal's address: Gearing up for
testing. Purchased SRI corrective
reading and mastery reading programs with grant from school. Janelle Maestas is very helpful as math data
coach one day per week. Good feedback
on First in Math program.
of purchase of two tables and white board procurement for Outdoor Classroom.
is preparing a public data wall regarding class growth in reading and math.
- Student Council Address: Not in attendance.
- Upcoming Events: Spectrum of Request
Ideas- Review of costs for colored bracelets as prizes for kids trying hard on testing. Estimating $250
for 8 days of colored bracelets to represent
spectrum of colors. Amy will check with teachers
at staff meeting to get feedback on bracelet idea
- Testing Wrap up
dance- Not sure whether PTK will be
requested to pay
- Second semester fundraiser: Takes 6 weeks for Best Buy to process request
for IPad or laptop as back up prizes. Request
has been submitted.
- Finance Ctee- Funding Requests:
Cherry's tutoring request: moved and
approved to pay @$560 for
Mrs. Cherry’s afterschool tutoring.
Quintana request for $48.87 cooking supplies approved.
- Third grade Outdoor Classroom Mural:
Marisa advises that the District is coming down with a ban on outdoor
murals. Proposals for anything that is affixed
to the building will likely be turned down by District.
Need to brainstorm other ideas, such as labyrinth, decorated stepping stones in outdoor
- Student Council Food Drive Prizes:
Proposed ice cream sundae parties to award classes who collected the
most food for the food drive. Up to $50
approved, with caveat that in the future the council itself approach the PTK
rather than parent.
- Request by Ms. Byrnes for mileage for training in Albuquerque. Ms. P. advises that the district has forms to
request reimbursed. Approved conditioned
upon first requesting reimbursement from the School District and being denied.
- Review of Profit & Loss Statement: Concern about possibility that
cheerleaders are in the red by @400+ from
fundraising. Discussion of discouraging
pass-throughs for teams etc. because of unnecessary additional bookkeeping and
problems with overages and underfunding. Bev K. will research simplifying