posted Apr 7, 2016, 1:22 PM by Jessie Lawrence
PTK MEETING 3/8/16
Present: Joaquin, Josette, Lara M, Cindy F., Jessie L., Barbara S., Cindy F., Frances C., Bev K., Heather VL., Sofia VL., Kim P., Julie W
Student Council Update
- Josette and Joaquin updated us on Student Council. After the PARCC they would like to have a Hawaiin themed Luau. They would like to invite everyone, show Lilo & Stitch, they would prepare food and sell it. They will update us on April 11th with the date and help needed.
- Sofia VL spoke about her Heart Sponsorship Project. A total of $1,375 was raised through this program. She asked companies to help sponsor the PTK and Student Council. $600 was raised for PTK for grade level programs, and $775 went towards Student Council for their use. An eblast will go out showing all who sponsored.
- Talk ensued about future funding raising and tax deductible issues were raised. This is an issue we need to keep an eye out for the future.
- Vanessa Bryce presented a fundraising request for $200 for both 3rd classes as well as Mr. Pacheco’s class to attend the Audubon program. Bev motioned, Lara 2nd and it passed will all agreeing.
- Club stipends have traditionally been given $100 per club to be used as they felt needed. Michaelann motioned for it to increase to $150, Bev 2nd and it passed will all approving.
- Teachers stipends have gone out to the teachers who have submitted their receipts.
- We will end this year with a cushion to take into next year.