CARLOS GILBERT PTK GENERAL MEETING
OCTOBER 2, 2012
Present: Amy Tischler, Shannon Bulman, Trisha McFaul, Marisa Snyder, Sujatha Seethapathi, Dawn Fiser, Katie Macauley, Paula Goler, Julie Murray, Beth LeBron, Barbara Serna, Linda Strauss, Darcy Pedersen, Jessica Apodaca.
1. Welcome and Intros.
2. Principal’s address: District has agreed to pay for the Scripps Spelling Bee. Status of Title One applications: CG needs at least 35% free and reduced lunch kids at school to get Title I federal funding. Last year, we were slightly below, so were at risk for losing it next year. As of yesterday, we were at 36.9% because of push to get applications in! Important to retain Title I funding to keep Ms. Sarah and many other school benefits such as NDI.
3. Calendar of events- Halloween carnival is main event in October.
4. Funding requests:
5. Review of Profit and Loss program school year to date. Teacher Parent request line item includes two of Mr. Stark’s programs that were approved last year but paid this year. Current balance in checking is $31,241.67 and $20K in savings as of 9/25/12.
6. Communications Committee. Query regarding readability of eblast, and hard copy newsletter. Consensus that both forms of communication are very accessible. The CGPTK website is being used as model by SFPS District for other schools.
7. Outdoor Classroom- no update.
9. Room Parents. Presented by Barbara Serna. 17 classes participating in baskets for carnival. Need room rep for Ms. Cute’s class. Games are also assigned at CG carnival website.
10. T-shirts- Jessica ordered 40 more shirts due to of shortage of inventory in small and medium sizes.
11. Ms. Miera suggested a school cookbook as a fundraiser. Will consider as spring fundraiser.
12. Carnival timeline. See carnival website.
Meeting adjourned at 1:10 p.m.