posted Oct 12, 2016, 4:23 PM by Jessie Lawrence
Attending: Teresa, Kathy, Sara, Julie, Kristen, Brintha, Cindy, Jessie, Michaelann, Sara
2) PTK Budget Review: Michaelann Cavazos
3) Principal’s address: Kim Pietrocci
- This item was deferred until the next meeting.
4) Funding Requests: Cindy Forno
- There will be a meeting about the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) some time in October.
- Teachers have not expressed much interest in a tutoring program funded by the PTK. Kim said that she would ask again.
5) Teacher Stipends: Increase from $250 to $300 per semester
- Julie Walker made a motion for the PTK to purchase a new microwave for the cafeteria at a cost of $50. Michaelann Cavazos seconded. The motion passed by voice vote.
- Funding requests submitted included:
- Age-appropriate tables for Ms. Geyer’s kindergarten classroom, $1083.21
- Hot roll laminator, $1700
- Seasonal die-cuts, $80 per set
- Jessie Lawrence made a motion to table consideration of these funding requests until next month to allow time to get more information. Cindy Forno seconded. The motion passed by voice vote.
6) Budget Surplus Ideas: Cindy Forno
- Michaelann Cavazos noted that teachers need to submit receipts from last year to receive this year’s stipend.
7) Blue Bunny Ice Cream Party
- Ideas discussed included:
- Speed bumps for front lot
- Green initiatives (e.g. solar panels, rain catchment system, etc.)
- Turf for playground
- $1000 for an elementary school in Santa Fe that’s struggling both financially and academically
- Barney Saltzberg (children’s author and singer): $1800 plus airfare for three assemblies or two assemblies plus one workshop
- More trash cans on playground
- Increased stipend for Bernadette
- Improvements to outdoor classroom
8) Carnival Updates
- Julie Walker will take the lead on organizing the ice cream party, tentatively scheduled after school on November 11
9) Grade Level Programs
- Santa Fe High JROTC has offered to provide 20 cadets as volunteers
- Santa Fe High Key Club has offered to provide volunteers
- Sponsorships are currently at $3400
- Steve Carillo will be a costume contest judge
- Orbit will be a costume contest judge
- Cash raffle ticket sales will begin September 30
- Carnival entry ticket sales will begin the first week of October
- Construction day will be Sunday, October 23, from 10 AM – 2 PM
- Kinder: Yoga (30 sessions per class at $30/session = $1800)
- 1st: Jazz Dance with Jennifer Stennis Chapman (28 sessions per class at $30/session = $1680)
- 2nd: Theater with Wendy Chapin (20 1-hour sessions per class = $2400)
- 3rd: Adobe Building with Joe Abeyta ($2000 for 25-30 weeks)
- 4th: NDI
- 5th: Wise Fool New Mexico (9 sessions at $350/session = $3150)
- 6th: Cooking with Kids
- Carnival meeting October 5 8 AM
- Carnival meeting October 19 8 AM
- PTK/Carnival meeting October 26 8 AM