Starting a new school is difficult (for parents too!) so we want to make it as simple as possible. Here are a few places you can look for information to help you adjust to your new school and what it's all about.
- Kindergarten Kick-Off - The first day of school for kinders is August 19th. The kindergarten teachers, Ms. Geyer and Ms. Jamison, will be contacting parents about kindergarten kick-off meetings before the first day.
- Kinder Coffee - After drop off on Friday, August 19th, join the PTK for coffee on the Kinder playground. Meet (and commiserate) with other new parents, talk with experienced parents, and get answers to your questions! The PTK will have tables setup with school information, Room Representative and contact information sign-up sheets, and information about volunteer opportunities. Carlos Gilbert shirts will also be for sale and can be worn to school as part of the approved standard dress.
- Kinder Handbook - Please review the Kinder Handbook for information regarding school and district policies, classroom information and general guidelines. Please let the PTK know if there is information that you feel should be in here.
- Thursday Envelope - Every Thursday you'll be getting a manilla envelope from their classroom teacher that contains important information about the school, your child's class and your child. Thursday Envelopes also contain homework, field trip permission slips, and classroom work your child did for you to marvel at.
- CGPTK Emails - The Carlos Gilbert PTK sends emails (a.k.a. "E-Blasts") out every Tuesday. These emails will contain reminders about upcoming events, requests for volunteers and news. To begin receiving these emails sign up here!
Still have questions, or not really sure where to go? Ask the PTK! We're here to support you and your child as you begin your journey here at Carlos Gilbert Elementary, where a great school is a community project